We take our responsibility to the environment very seriously:
- We are licenced by Scottish Natural Heritage to operate in the environmentally sensitive waters in and around the Isle of May.
- Our skippers operate tours for your enjoyment whilst minimising disruption to wildlife.
- Our engines are state-of-the-art computer controlled 2 strokes with ultra low emissions (Year 2008 Compliant) and are also extremely quiet.
- Fuel consumption is carefully monitored to identify opportunities to make any improvements. For example, engine operating RPM is kept below 3,500 whenever possible.
- We ensure that all our personnel have a strong local bias in that they are interested in protecting our maritime heritage.
- We recycle everything that we can, including all our office paper, plastic and glass.
- We are trained and accredited by WiSE to operate amongst the wildlife in a caring and understanding manner and in accordance with strict guidelines so as to keep to an absolute minimum any disruption whilst enhancing the experience of our visitors.